Helicopter Rescues Pregnant Woman After Ambulance Gets Stuck In Isiolo

A pregnant woman in Isiolo was on Friday rescued by a helicopter after the ambulance that was carrying her got stuck in the mud.

The ambulance transporting her to Isiolo County Teaching and Referral Hospital got stuck in the Kulamawe area due to the heavy rains that have been lashing the region.

The county government and Northern Rangelands Trust collaborated on the rescue efforts, and Lewa Wildlife Conservancy provided the helicopter used in the mission.

A conservancy vehicle had transported the woman from Malkadaka dispensary to Garbatula Hospital.

When the medical team arrived, they realised her condition was critical and referred her to Isiolo County Teaching and Referral Hospital for specialised care.

The ambulance was on its way to take her to the referral hospital when it got stuck in the mud, prompting those involved to seek emergency assistance.

This was caused by heavy rains, which submerged roads in the area, rendering them impassable.

Hussein Abdi Mohamud, Medical Superintendent at Isiolo County Teaching and Referral Hospital, confirmed to KTN News that the patient had arrived at the facility.

Mohamud claimed that it took the intervention of county Governor Abdi Guyo, who reached out to the management of the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, to save the woman.

“Through the efforts of our governor who reached out to the management of Lewa, they helped us in evacuating the patient from Kulamawe to our facility,” Mohamud said.

“The patient has arrived, the medical personnel have looked at her and we are happy to report that the patient is arid while stable.”

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?  Gachagua To Artists: Ban People With Questionable Character In Your Events

This comes barely a day after another heroic move where a helicopter rescued passengers of a lorry who were stuck in raging floods in Samburu.

Reports indicate there were eight people in the lorry and they were traveling from Isiolo to Wamba market in Samburu.

In a daring move, the helicopter arrived at the scene and descended at the spot where the lorry was submerged, nearly touching the waters,  to allow the stranded passengers time to board before flying away.

Those rescued included a pregnant woman and three children.