KILIFI: Several Students Injured In A School Fire Incident

A fire broke out in the girl’s dormitory at Kibokoni Secondary School in the Sabaki area of Magarini constituency on Thursday morning, injuring scores of students.

One student experienced shock and was rushed to the hospital by Kenya Red Cross officials after her efforts to stabilize her failed, while her classmates received First Aid at the school.

The fire was quickly put out after teachers, students, and neighbours gained access to the relatively new building and removed beds and personal effects before it was finally extinguished by a Kilifi County Government fire engine.

Beds, mattresses, and school boxes were scattered outside the affected dormitory, which is located near the school kitchen, with only a few items remaining inside.

School Principal Patrick Mwangi refused to comment and directed journalists to leave the school compound, claiming that the police and the Sub County Director of Education had yet to arrive to assess the damage.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?  Felix Koskei Turns Guns On Police; Acknowledges Rot In The Service