Written By Henry Kimoli 📝
Now that KCSE results are out, Lets be the good citizens we are by sharing this useful information for all form four-leavers.
To ensure a complete transition in education, the government has heavily subsidized technical and vocational training.
As a matter of fact together with the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), they have provided seamless entry and exit to TVET.
What do I mean?
All Technical Training Institutes (TTIs) countrywide require a minimum of 56,400 kshs per year as tuition fees for any course at any level (Diploma, Certificate or Artisan).
This may appear to be a lot of money, but bear with me because this is the information that many of us lack.
The Government upon admission gives every trainee in any TVET 30,000 kshs as a Capitation (This is non-refundable). This then means that the trainee only needs to pay 26,400 kshs peryear for Him/her to study which is around 8,800 kshs per term.
If you as a parent or guardian are still not able to raise the amount don’t fret…
The Government through the HELB then gives a minimum of 40,000 kshs per year to any trainee who applies for it.
26,400 kshs goes directly to the institution to clear the school fees balance and 13,600 goes to the trainee’s bank account as upkeep.
As a Technical Trainer, over 80% of our students are sustaining themselves through tertiary education without the help of parents or guardians.
KINDLY DON’T LET YOUR CHILD, BROTHER, SISTER, COUSIN, NEIGHBOUR STAY AT HOME BECAUSE OF THE CHALLENGE OF SCHOOL FEES AND THEY WANT TO STUDY. SHARE WITH THEM THIS INFORMATION.
1. TVET courses offer higher employability because they are tailored to be more practical than theoretical.
2. Our populations are manageable meaning we are able to offer customized learning to individual trainees depending their ability to comprehend and grasp concepts.
3. Due to the upcoming industrial and technological revolutions, people with Technical Training will be more employable than those that are not.
4. From January this year the government has provided tax reliefs to institutions and organizations that absorb more than 10 trainees from Technical institutions. This will see massive absorption of our trainees to the job market.
5. With a C- one can undertake a Diploma, D Plain a certificate course and anything below that an Artisan course. Nobody has failed more than what TVET can take.
If I was asked, Technical education is the Key to success.
Don’t let anyone you know that has Secondary education stay at home. Kindly direct them to any TVET institution near you and they will be assisted.
GET PUBLISHED TODAY
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your story.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL