Interior Minister Dr. Fred Matiang’i has reshuffled his backyard, after consultations with President Uhuru. The move will see reassignment of new duties to its State Department of Interior and Citizen Services.
Matiang’i appointed Moffat Kangi and Wilson Njega as the Principal Administrative Secretary and the Secretary Internal Security respectively.
Nairobi Regional Police Commander Wilson Njega and his Western counterpart, Anne Ngetich have been posted to Office of the President, while James Kianda who was in charge of Nyanza Regional Command, has been transferred to Nairobi.
Magu Mutindika and Esther Maina were appointed the Nyanza Region and Western Region police commanders respectively.
Other reshuffles affecting county commissioners include:
1. Onesmus Kyatha from Mandera County to Mombasa County
2. Joshua Nkanatha from Kajiado County to Marsabit County
3. Evans Achoki from Marsabit County to Kajiado County
4. Michael N. Tialal from Siaya County to Garrisa County
5. Gilbert B. Kitiyo from Mombasa County to Mandera County
6. Stephen Kihara from Kisii County to Uasin Gishu County
7. Mwangi Meru from Garrisa County to Narok County
8. George Omoding from Bomet County to Kakamega County
9. Samuel Kimiti from Narok County to Bungoma County
10. Olaka Kutswa from Nandi County to Kilifi County
11. Boaz Cherutich from Nyandarua County to Migori County
12. Abdirizak Jaldesa from Uasin Gishu County to Kisii County
13. Mr. David Kipkemei from Homabay County to OOP HQ
14. Mr. Joseph Rotich from Migori County to PA/RC Nyanza
15. Abdi Hassan from Bungoma County to OOP HQ
The new changes will take effect immediately.