Uzalendo News is one of the Leading online newspapers in Kenya, committed to offering timely, factual and intelligent news updates.
We are looking to employ an energetic and creative workforce capable to fill the following vacant positions.
- Marketing Manager
- News editor
- Designer/ Editorial Cartoonist
- Office assistant/ Office Manager
Marketing Manager (1)
Marketing Manager will assist Uzalendo News in the development and implementation of marketing plans and campaigns.
- Identify and seal partnerships between Uzalendo News products and; Government agencies, SAGAs, NGOs, Churches, Companies etc.
- Determine and follow up on potential clients
- Monitor market dynamics and advise Uzalendo News Products
- Advising Management on SWOT analysis
- Develop innovation and Mainstreaming
- Signing Partnerships
- Diploma/ Degree in Marketing, Business Administration and other related fields.
- 2 Years experience in a busy environment.
- Youth below 30 years encouraged to apply.
- Above 30 must demonstrate capacity to utilize Social Media products.
- Proven track record in advertising, Merchandising and partnership development.
- Digital marketing knowledge an added advantage.
Office Assistant/ Accounts Clerk (1)
We are looking for a courteous office assistant doubling up as an Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of office administration, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain documents and records
- Prepare bank, general ledger postings and statements
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Digitize accounting documentation
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Receive guests.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Diploma in Information Science and other finance related fields.
- Knowledge of digital information management.
- Certificate of good conduct
- Ability to work from home
News Editor (1)
Directs the creation of new material and selects when and how to resurface previous work in light of current events. On a daily basis, assists the team in developing and refining ideas, cultivating sources, reporting, and writing articles.
- Prepare a work schedule and deadlines, and encourage team members to accomplish their goals in a timely manner.
- Create and implement coverage plans to provide for comprehensive coverage of a wide range of subjects and news.
- Provide news reporters with instruction on how to choose stories.
- Ability to maintain and create news sources.
- 3 Years+ experience in a busy media environment.
- Diploma/ Degree in Journalism and other related field.
- Ability to work for long hours is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of the Law of torts, Constitution and the Cybercrime bill.
- Ability to work from home, under minimal supervision.
- Current in news affairs, media trends.
- Ability to fulfil targets as assigned.
Designer/ Editorial Cartoonist (1)
An artistic, creative mind able to visualise the news in terms of cartoons, graphic art that can communicate current events.
- Come up with creative editorial cartoons based on current events.
- Create 2D designs for stories
- Use computer animation software to create 2D or 3D motion pictures for cartoons
- Employ their knowledge of story development, cinematography and editing to create storyboards
- Contribute to the design/production of media campaigns through progress tracking and coordination
- Scan hand-drawn images to produce digital art to be used for product labels or television adverts
- Edit pen-and-paper images using computer technology
- Make necessary corrections in artwork and animation
- Ensure proper arrangement of images and drawings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of computer graphics
- Excellent drawing skill
- Diploma/ degree in fine arts, animation, or in other related disciplines.
- A good portfolio of artwork is usually necessary to secure a job as a cartoonist
- Well versed in using 2D and 3D software.
- Ability to relay serious issues in an amusing manner.
Interested applicants should send their CV, Cover letter and a ready portfolio before 3rd July 2021.
Send your applications to EMAIL: email@example.com
WhatsApp: 011 546 7793
Applicants will be served on a first-come first-serve basis.