The political courts have formalized the much-anticipated divorce between President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto. The divorce was legalized at State House Nairobi, in the absence of the willing partner, DP William Ruto. – By Harry Kimoli
A communique from State House, signed by Kanze Dena announced the sacking of DP Ruto”s henchman, Kipchumba Murkomen, and replaced him with Samuel Poghisio, a double-edged political sword from West Pokot.
So where and when was the decision to divorce Ruto taken? After the 2017 general election, Ruto’s ‘sell-by date’ arrived. It was time to move on.
Like the late George Saitoti who was used by then President Moi for political expediency; Ruto has served his purpose and must face the guillotine machine politically.
Steps taken by Uhuru to kick out Ruto
- Uhuru allows Raila to be sworn in as people’s President despite opposition by DP Ruto who wanted Raila charged with Treason.
- President Uhuru signed a handshake deal with Raila in March 2018 a move that also caught Ruto by surprise.
- Uhuru announces demonetization of the Sh.1000 note, making loads of illegally acquired cash useless.
- Uhuru declares sacking of former Treasury CS Henry Rotich, charging him with graft.
- Uhuru appoints Matiangi to coordinate Government affairs…ignores Ruto tantrums over the same
- Uhuru snubs Ruto in the management of Covid-19, allows Mutahi Kagwe to run the show. This led to a Ruto-eclipse from the public, who has since been working from home.
- Uhuru warms to KANU leader Gideon Moi who he signs a pact with, further humiliating Ruto’s foothold in Rift Valley.