15 City Hall officials are expected to answer to a summon from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) concerning the construction of the Dandora Stadium.
The letter that was addressed to the City Hall, instructed the county administration to release the fifteen wanted staff for questioning, a request that was postponed by Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko , who wrote back saying they would not be able to make it due to other commitments.
“Your notice is too short and not convenient since prior arrangements to comply are not feasible. All officials are already engaged out of Nairobi in a budget committee meeting. Therefore, the notice is untenable for compliance,” Mr Sonko said.
But the EACC responded,indicating the dates for the new summons.
“Further to our letter dated November 15, 2019, on the above subject, this is to require that the following officers avail themselves at Integrity Centre without fail on the revised dates indicated below,” said the November 19 letter by EACC Chief Executive Officer Mr Twalib Mbarak addressed to the county secretary of Nairobi.
Heres a list of county officials wanted by the Anti-Corruption Commission for questioning
- Ms Joyce Kinyanjui (Director IGR and Head of CEC secretariat)
- Mr Samuel Kinyanjui (Administration Officer, CEC Secretariat)
- Mr Peter Kamau Mugo (chief of staff)
- Deputy County Secretary Leboo ole Morintat
- Acting attorney Christine Ireri.
- Larry Wambua (Agriculture, now Devolution)
- Mohamed Dagane (Health, suspended)
- Hitan Majevdia (Transport)
- Charles Kerich (Land, suspended)
- Winfred Gathangu (Finance, now Agriculture)